The Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2017 is getting closer to induction and we can’t wait to celebrate their careers at Enshrinement. The seven deserving players to be inducted this year are Morten Andersen, Terrell Davis, Kenny Easley, Jerry Jones, Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson and Kurt Warner. In the meantime, we’re looking back at the careers of each of the class members. We last recapped the career of LaDainian Tomlinson. Today we’re diving into the career of Kenny Easley.
- Three-time consensus All-America at UCLA
- Made immediate impact in Seattle with his intimidating style on defense
- Developed reputation as punishing tackler
- Picked as Defensive Rookie of the Year after sensational first season in which he recorded 3 interceptions for 155 yards and 1 TD (82-yarder vs. Browns), 1981
- Defensive leader of Seahawks team that advanced to franchise’s first-ever AFC championship game, 1983
- Named Defensive Player of the Year in 1984 after recording league-high and career best 10 interceptions including pair of pick-sixes (25 yards vs. Patriots; 58 yards vs. Chiefs)
- Intercepted multiple passes in each of seven NFL seasons
- Led team in interceptions four times (1982, 1983, 1984, 1987)
- Career stats: 32 interceptions, 538 yards, and 3 TDs
- 8 career sacks and returned 26 punts for 302 yards
Kenny Easley had quite a career and you can help us honor this hero of the game in Canton, Ohio. Join us for the hottest events of the weekend. Class of 2017 autographs, exclusive parties, and even breakfast with the brand-new busts are all included with a 4-Day Diamond package from Hall of Fame Experiences. Check out the other packages we offer by clicking the link below or calling 844.751.0532.